When you reach Level 3 standard you will be able to deal with more challenging roads and traffic situations. Level 3 training is delivered one-to-one or in groups of up to 3 so can be tailored to your individual training needs, such as your route to work or school. Make the most of your Level 3 training by speaking to your instructor before the session and explaining what you want to learn.
Level 3 training is suitable for adults or children at secondary school and covers dealing with hazards, making ‘on-the-move’ risk assessments and planning routes for safer cycling.
Once you’ve completed your Bikeability Level 3 and been awarded your green badge, you’ll be able to cycle almost anywhere, and:
- Make a trip to school, work or elsewhere on any roads
- Use complex junctions and road features such as roundabouts, multi-lane roads and traffic lights
- Understand driver blind spots
- Know how (and when) to pass queuing traffic
- Identify and react to hazardous road surfaces
- Plan your route
- Interpret road signs